Talhaya Furniture Furniture Privacy Statement
Effective: August 2010
Talhaya Furniture respects and shares your concern about privacy. Our goal is to be your furniture retailer of choice based on a relationship of mutual trust. We are committed to protecting your personally identifiable information you submit online while providing you with the most useful and enjoyable Web experience possible.
Talhaya Furniture Furniture is committed to protecting your personally identifiable information. As a reminder, Talhaya Furniture does not request personally identifiable information via e-mail or telemarketing. If someone contacts you in either of these manners and requests personally identifiable information on behalf of Talhaya Furniture, do not respond. Delete, disregard or hang up. These questions are not from us. If you have questions about Talhaya Furniture’s privacy practices, contact us, or call toll free at 1.866.383.4484.
Our Privacy Pledge
If you’re not comfortable shopping online or would prefer to make your purchase via telephone, just give us a call at 1.866.383.4484 (option 3). Our home furnishing advisors are standing by and will be happy to take your talhayafurniture.com order right over the phone.
What Type of Information Do We Collect?
When you make a purchase on talhayafurniture.com, we ask for your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and other personal information necessary to fulfill and track your order. For purposes of billing, you will need to provide your credit card type, number, expiration date and billing address. Depending on the type of credit card you use to make a purchase, you may also be required to supply your card’s 3-4 digit identification number. If your order is being shipped, we will also need the name, address and phone number of the intended recipient(s).
You may also create an account through talhayafurniture.com at any time by providing your e-mail address and designating a unique access password. You do not need to create an account in order to visit our site and you will be able to place an order as a Guest. If you choose to create an account, this will allow you to save certain billing information for future purchases and set your ordering preferences. You will also be able to save items to your wish list and save room plans in our Room Planner. For your privacy and security, we do not store credit card information. You may change saved account information at anytime.
Cookies and Other Computer Information
When you visit talhayafurniture.com, small text files known as “cookies” will be stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow us to enhance and customize your online shopping experience and improve the design of our site. These cookies store random ID numbers and site navigation information, such as your first and last visits, number of visits, shopping cart contents and the pages you viewed on our site. The information stored in a cookie cannot be used to identify you personally unless it’s combined with information you provided in connection with a purchase, setting up an account or registering for promotional e-mails or surveys.
Third-Party Cookies We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies do not collect information that can personally identify you, but they may use information about your visits to our website and other websites to measure the effectiveness of ads. We do not disclose any personally identifiable information to these companies. For more information and to opt out from third-party advertising please visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Other We may also collect certain technical information from your visit. This technical information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your computer’s operating system and browser type and the address of a referring site, if any. The information we collect cannot be used to identify you personally unless it’s combined with information you provided in connection with a purchase, setting up an account or registering for promotional e-mails or surveys. Although IP addresses alone can reveal the location of your computer, we will use such information only to investigate and identify unauthorized activities.
Information you submit on talhayafurniture.com may be used to enhance your shopping experience by allowing us to:
- Deliver merchandise and services that you purchase online
- Register you as a member of talhayafurniture.com
- Bill you for your purchases
- Confirm your orders
- Respond to your customer-service inquiries or requests
- Communicate great values and featured items to you
- Find and stock the products you want
- Customize your shopping experience
Sharing Your Personal Information
We never sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any third parties for compensation under any circumstances.
However, we will share personally identifiable information that you submitted only with our agents, representatives, service providers and contractors for limited purposes. These limited purposes include fulfilling customer orders, offering certain products and services in connection with talhayafurniture.com, communicating to customers, providing customer care, enhancing and improving customers’ shopping experience, enabling access to our partners’ websites, providing a personalized shopping experience, and completing payment method processing.
Aside from the purposes described above, we will never share your personally identifiable information that you submitted with any other third parties unless we have your express permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is required to prevent harm or injury (such as product recalls, fraud, claims or other liability), to comply with valid legal processes as required by law or to cooperate with law enforcement. We may share aggregated demographic and statistical information with our partners. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information that can identify any individual person.
We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security designed to protect all personally identifiable information you submitted on the talhayafurniture.com site from unauthorized third-party access
Some browser versions and some firewalls don’t permit communication through secure servers like the ones we use to process orders at talhayafurniture.com. If for any reason you cannot access the secure server, please feel free to place your order with us by phone toll free at 1.866.383.4484 (option 3). Our home furnishing advisors will be happy to assist you.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
You always have the opportunity to review and change the information you provide to us by logging into the site and entering in the new information yourself. You can edit your name, contact information and preferences by logging into the My Account section of the site and then click on “Update Your Contact Information.”
As a customer or subscriber, you will occasionally receive e-mail communications about new Talhaya Furniture products, special offers we think you’ll like and requests for feedback. Talhaya Furniture is an opt-out organization. You always have the ability to opt in or opt out of receiving future marketing communications from Talhaya Furniture.
To opt out of or opt in to receiving marketing communications from Talhaya Furniture, please take one of the following actions:
- Follow the directions on marketing e-mail.
- Call toll free (1.866.383.4484) and provide your current contact information.
- Or, send a request with your current contact information to:
Attn: Web Marketing Manager (for e-mail) or Attn: Manager of Direct Mail (for direct mail)
P.O. Box 220
Liverpool, NY 13088
If you send an e-mail or letter request, please be sure to include your full name, address, phone number and e-mail address and indicate specifically what type of marketing communication(s) (e.g., e-mail, direct mail and/or phone) you wish to receive or stop receiving. This will ensure we identify you correctly in our systems and accurately process your request.
Talhaya Furniture will take appropriate steps to implement your request to opt out of or opt in to receiving marketing communications. Please note that due to production, mailing and system timelines, in order to remove you from our marketing lists, it may take up to:
- 10 Business days for e-mails
- 6 weeks for direct mail
Until that change takes effect, you may still receive marketing communications from us.
Also, please note that even though you may have opted out of receiving marketing communications, you may still receive business-related communications, such as order confirmations, product recall information, loyalty program membership status or updates or other organization-related communications.
talhayafurniture.com may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or any website that may provide a link to talhayafurniture.com. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of such websites before submitting any information to them.
Children’s Privacy Protection
Talhaya Furniture understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive online world. We do not intentionally collect or maintain personally identifiable information about anyone under the age of 13. If you believe that we might have personally identifiable information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us.
1. To join “Raymour Alerts”, text “JOIN” to 44998.
2. You must be 13 years of age or older to participate in “Raymour Alerts”.
3. Your carrier’s message and data rates may apply. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Talhaya Furniture does not charge you for sending or receiving text messages to 44998.
4. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
5. Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier’s name, the date, time and content of your messages and other information you provide to us as part of this service. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
6. Maximum number of messages per month: 2-3. You can unsubscribe at any time by texting “STOP” to 44998. If you have any questions, reply “HELP” to 44998 or contact us at 1.866.383.4484.
7. The service is available on these US carriers only: AT&T, Verizon-Alltel, T-Mobile® (T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages), Sprint & U.S. Cellular, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Cricket, nTelos, Cellcom, C Spire Wireless (Cellsouth), Cincinnati Bell, Carolina West Wireless, Appalachian Wireless, Chariton Valley Cellular, Coral Wireless, Cross (dba Sprocket), DTC Wireless, Duet IP, EpicTouch, Leaco, Mosaic, Nemont/Sagebrush, Peoples Wireless, Pine Cellular, Pioneer, Revol Wireless, Rina-Custer, Rina-All West, Rina-Cambridge Telecom Coop, Rina- Eagle Valley Comm, Rina- Farmers Mutual Telephone Co, Rina- Nucla Nutria Telephone Co, Rina- Silver Star, Rins – South Central Comm, Rina- Syringa, Rina- UBET, Rina- Manti, United Wireless, Aio Wireless, ACS Wireless, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellone Nation, Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Chat Mobility, Element Mobile, Flat Wireless, LLC, GCI Communications, Golden State Cellular, Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix/Keystone Wireless, Inland Cellular, iWireless, Nex-Tech Wireless, Northwest Missouri Cellular, Panhandle Telecommunications, Plateau Wireless, SouthernLINC Wireless, SouthernLINC Communications, Thumb Cellular, Viaero Wireless, West Central Wireless WCC.